WHAT IS THE PETROTECH PROGRAM?
PetroTech is a focused technical training program for individuals interested in acquiring the knowledge and certification necessary to pursue a career in Oklahoma's oil and natural gas industry. This certification can assist individuals in obtaining a position as a Geological, Engineering or Land Technician.
The PetroTech program is also a valuable training for individuals currently employed in the oil and natural gas industry who are looking to hone their skills, build their resume and/or seek promotions within their company.
Students will learn valuable applications in these required core classes. Click here for a detailed course description and list of prerequisites.
Petroleum Business Applications
- Well & Production Data Management
- Mud Logging & Electric Logging
- Oil & Natural Gas Economics
- Land & Lease Records
- Geological Mapping
- Courses are taught by instructors with significant industry experience
- 11 classes are required for a PetroTech certification
- Evening classes from 6-9 p.m. are perfect for working professionals
- Classes vary in length from four to six weeks. Online classes are also available for select applications.
- Students can complete the PetroTech program in as little as 10-12 months. Classes are offered based on student demand.
- Course schedules and registration are conveniently available through OERB.com.
- Potential applicants currently NOT in the oil and natural gas industry must submit an official high school diploma, GED equivalent or college transcript. Your application will not be processed without providing one of these items.
- Applicants currently employed in the industry do not need to submit transcripts.
- Once accepted, students will be contacted by their participating campus and will be required to take and pass an online Windows fundamentals test.
- Each course ranges in cost from $45-$315 per module.
- The average cost for the complete certification is $2,000-$2,500.
- Students are required to pay for each class upon enrollment through our online processing system.
- Students in the PetroTech program are not eligible for Title IV financial aid: Pell Grants, SEOG grants, OTAG grants, Stafford Student Loans or current funding for unemployed workers through state agencies.
- Scholarships are currently available on a limited basis. Please see program application for details.
- A complete list of fees can be found on the course descriptions section of our Web site.
The OERB PetroTech program is a technical training program. This is not a job placement program, and the OERB is not responsible for career opportunities. The OERB cannot guarantee job placement upon certification. If you have additional questions, please contact the OERB at 800.664.1301 ext. 231 or at email@example.com.